1) I wasn't even going to be home for Christmas.
2) It would really only be for me.
3) How do I haul it to my house?
4) There is a lot of mess with pine needles.
5) I don't have time to decorate it.
6) I could save $40 if I don't get one.
Now, this decision was not easy to come by. If just one of the circumstances above was different, I would get a tree in a heartbeat. But, alas, I have none (for the first year ever-I even had real trees in college).
Well, tonight I was beginning to regret my decision as I missed the smell of balsams and the pretty glow of lights. So, I couldn't stand it anymore and I put up my quasi-tree. It is a poor substitute, but I guess it will do over nothing at all. I now know how Charlie Brown felt all those years!
The second and third pictures are of my outside house lights, for which I owe all credit to dear Tom who slaved away for 3 hours in the freezing cold to give me my beautiful lights! Now, how is it that someone else has 3 hours to spend putting up lights for me, but I can't even carve a few hours to put up a tree? Who knows, there could be a real tree up before Christmas comes!
One thing I'm excited about: 2 days of school left before Christmas break!



(Note, my green grass was covered in a beautiful blanket of snow, less than 2 weeks ago. Thanks to crazy Wisconsin weather reaching 49 degrees in December, it is all gone. I was really set on a white Christmas this year!)
No comments:
Post a Comment