
Last night I was blessed with the opportunity to spend the night with 14 other amazing Christian women from church. We met up and went out to dinner at the Highland House and then went to Crossroads Church for a concert with Sara Groves, whose music I absolutely LOVE!
Sara has such a God-given gift to tell life stories through her music and weave them together with her piano and guitars-I could listen all day! Anyway, she shared a lot of amazing insights at her concert and I thought I would jot down some of her thoughts, which will hopefully become mine as I ponder them a bit and listen to God's voice, through Sara Groves.
1) We can never truly be lights until we turn our faces to God.
2) We are told in the book of Matthew that many will grow cold and only a few will remain to the end. How can we stand firm, if only for the Grace of God. Her song "Don't Let Your Love Grow Cold" was amazing.
3) From Deidrich Bonhoeffer, Sara shared a quote: "Only in the truth of truthfulness can our hearts be free." Am I living a confessional life and allowing my heart to be free by unloading at the cross?
4)Are we being changed by the pain of others? Are we taking their pain and letting it penetrate to our hearts so that we can find ways to reach out and to love? (She had an amazing story of Elizabeth from Asia who was betrayed by a trusted friend and sold into slavery and a life of brothels)
5)In times of great despair, ask NOT, where is God? Instead, ask, where are God's people?
6) HOPE always has a way.
7) We are sometimes called into long journies of doing God's work where we see no immediate purpose or an end and then God reveals his purpose to us at a later time and we realize how everything we have gone through up to this point has prepared us for God's plan. We keep on doing what we are doing now (maybe blindly, maybe not) because God has called us and not only this, God is faithful to the end.
8) For what purpose have I been grooming my faith (going to church, Bible Study, devotions, etc..). If not to be the hands and feet of God, it has been done in vain.
Sara has such a God-given gift to tell life stories through her music and weave them together with her piano and guitars-I could listen all day! Anyway, she shared a lot of amazing insights at her concert and I thought I would jot down some of her thoughts, which will hopefully become mine as I ponder them a bit and listen to God's voice, through Sara Groves.
1) We can never truly be lights until we turn our faces to God.
2) We are told in the book of Matthew that many will grow cold and only a few will remain to the end. How can we stand firm, if only for the Grace of God. Her song "Don't Let Your Love Grow Cold" was amazing.
3) From Deidrich Bonhoeffer, Sara shared a quote: "Only in the truth of truthfulness can our hearts be free." Am I living a confessional life and allowing my heart to be free by unloading at the cross?
4)Are we being changed by the pain of others? Are we taking their pain and letting it penetrate to our hearts so that we can find ways to reach out and to love? (She had an amazing story of Elizabeth from Asia who was betrayed by a trusted friend and sold into slavery and a life of brothels)
5)In times of great despair, ask NOT, where is God? Instead, ask, where are God's people?
6) HOPE always has a way.
7) We are sometimes called into long journies of doing God's work where we see no immediate purpose or an end and then God reveals his purpose to us at a later time and we realize how everything we have gone through up to this point has prepared us for God's plan. We keep on doing what we are doing now (maybe blindly, maybe not) because God has called us and not only this, God is faithful to the end.
8) For what purpose have I been grooming my faith (going to church, Bible Study, devotions, etc..). If not to be the hands and feet of God, it has been done in vain.
No comments:
Post a Comment