Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Summer Break

Summer break is oh so glorious and I've definitely been revelling in my free time. I've had time to see friends, travel to Indiana, get things done, read books, do devotions, swim, and just be. I have been blessed with the opportunity to house-sit for a very generous family, who owns a nicely heated pool I get to swim in and a posh Range Rover I get to drive. It's been fun experiencing things I won't ever have, but get to enjoy nonetheless. I am also blessed to be able to spend time with Jessi and Zeke and lots of other friends. I stopped by on Zeke's one week birthday to make brunch for Jessi and hold Ezekiel. They are both doing great!

Jessi and Ezekiel

Zeke-sleeping in his crib

I spent the past weekend with old college friends in Indianapolis. Erin and I drove from Wisconsin, through the most despised city for travelers ever: Chicago! It took us over 4 hours to get from Milwaukee through Chicago-arghhh! Anyway, we made it to Indy in 7.5 hours and had a great time and lots of laughs with Abe and Lindsay. We picked strawberries (not yet ripe in WI) and made homemade strawberry jam and pies. We also enjoyed the beautiful weather and an amazing, home-cooked meal. Good times, good friends, good laughs.


Erin, Lindsay and me


Abe and Lindsay-she's expecting and due on December 27! Yahoo!

Finally, I am getting set for my mission trip to Mexico, which I leave for on Saturday! I have a bit of packing left to do and some other preparations to make as well. Please keep our group in your prayers as we travel and also pray for the children at Casa Hogar Orphanage, where we will be working.

No comments: