Sunday, June 07, 2009

Camping, Weddings, and More!

My family went camping over Memorial Day to Luwisomo Campgrounds, our traditional Memorial Day spot and had a blast as usual. The weather wasn't perfect, but it was sunny for most of the weekend and we were able to get some canoeing, fishing, and hanging out in. While my dad and I made a quick run to get more milk and bottled water, we spotted a mud turtle in the parking lot of the local grocery store. I picked it up and brought it back to the campground where the kids had fun observing it for a few hours before we released him (her?) to the wild near Round Lake. Fishing with the nephews was great fun. Both Logan and Cooper caught a fish, though I am quite surprised Cooper got a bite with all of the chatting he was doing (then again what do I expect from a two year old?). It was just nice to be out in nature with campfires, water, sunsets, and stars.



Our turtle friend


Logan and me with the turtle (doesn't he look thrilled?)

Camping treasures


Cooper was fixing something


Ava holding worms-mmmm!


Randy, Logan and Cooper with Logan's catch


Can you see the tension in the line as they are reeling it in?


Cooper and me with his catch of the day
The following weekend I was able to attend Jeff Everts' wedding to Holly, which was very nice! They had the absolute best first dance ever, a choreographed masterpiece that was funny, clever, sweet, and well done. I hope someone got it on video. Additionally, it was nice to see friends from college (Chris, Mike, and Bethany) and meet Mike and Beth's little girl, Eden. Chris ended up crashing on my couch, rather than spending $100 on a hotel room and it was fun to catch up a bit more.


Eden and me




Chris and Eden (love the bug eyes, Chris)



Mike and Bethany

Beyond school ending, the major occupant of my time has been getting my ducks in a row for the closing on my house. I am so excited to finally own it and am in a flurry of packing and cleaning. I close Friday morning and then can start making the home my own. I will post more pictures once I close (don't want to curse anything) but here is the front of the house (with my realtor on the side).

No comments: