Thursday, July 30, 2009

Moving

After closing on my house, I was blessed with an onslaught of sacrificial friends and family who helped me get my house ready to move in. Thank you to Courtney who helped me paint my living room the very same day I closed on the house-it looks super! Thank you to my mom who helped clean the kitchen cupboards and helped me pick out lots of essentials for the house at Home Depot (my second home for the first few weeks). Thanks to Julie who helped me move over and organize the entire kitchen and then helped me paint my bedroom-your time and positive attitude were amazing! Thanks to Dawn who helped me build shelves in my closet to turn an ordinary closet into a pantry-you helped me get organized right away. Thanks to Steve and Lisa who helped me rip carpeting out of my bedroom at 10:30 pm so we could expose the hardwood floors before the furniture was moved! Finally, thanks to Tom who came back to my house a few days after moving. I got to hang with Kody while Jenna was at work and Tom spent the whole day on projects. Thank you Tom for wiring a new light in my closet-I can finally see my clothes! Thank you for installing a ceiling fan in my bedroom, hanging my wine rack, putting in two outlets in my house and all of the other things you did for me. I owe you LOTS of babysitting!

My move to my new house went so smoothly that it almost seemed surreal. We moved all of the bug stuff on June 20th and I had moved most of the small stuff over before then. An amazing team of friends and family showed up at 9am to help with the move. Julie and Randy came and dropped Ava off at Jessi and Nick's (the boys were with my parents). Nick came with donuts and Steve and Lisa also came with donuts. Tom came with his dad, who had a wonderful covered trailer with lots of moving pads. Everything went like clockwork and all of my stuff fit in two big loads plus 2 loads in the back of Steve's truck. Everyone was so efficient and calculated that not one of my belongings was scratched or damaged. By 1:00 pm, all of my stuff was in the correct rooms, set up, and ready to be used (even the washer and dryer!) A-Mazing! We enjoyed some brats and burgers on the grill that my sister helped prepare and then most of my awesome friends headed out. Randy stayed a bit longer to help with tons of projects-I am indebted for life. He hung two new lights in the kitchen, changed the sink faucet and the bathroom shower head and spout, changed three doorknobs (that had to be shaved so the hole was bigger) and did a few other projects-wow! I was so blessed by my friends and family on moving day! Thanks for showing your love by serving me!

Ava heping wash dishes or maybe just playing in my sink later on moving day

I may not have a pool, but this old washtub and a beach ball seemed to suffice for Ava on movin day

No comments: