Thursday, August 27, 2009

Classroom

I've been a bit preoccupied lately and horrible at keeping in touch with friends and family (sorry). I have, however, taken all of my time and made great progress with my classroom. Moving to 2nd grade has been an enormous amount of work but also an exciting adventure. The whole transition is bittersweet as I will dearly miss my middle school colleagues, but am pumped to teach children who love school and are thrilled to be there!

After a week and a half of cleaning out closets (that had junk from 20+ years), sorting and organizing over a thousand books, transforming the walls from drab to fab, and getting the room in order, I think I am ready! The pictures are a bit blurry, but offer a glimpse into the wonderful world of 2nd grade. Enjoy!



My new SMART board (that's right-only 12 desks because I only have 12 students-yahoo!)



The writing/publishing center is not completely set up yet (I need to hang the light and add more supplies)


Our number line goes from 1 to 100 and at FIL, we can loudly proclaim that God's word truly is a lamp to our feet and a light for our path!



Many hands make light work!




We will finish this bulletin board on our first day of school (Fabulous faces in 2nd grade)





Most of our reading corner






a blurry view of our theme verse bulletin board (minus the photos for the frames that will be "reflections" of God)








Calendar area








And the greatest asset to our room: our pet guinea pig, Cerdita (Spanish for "little girl pig"). She is very sweet and sits quietly while being held!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I didn't know you were moving down to 2nd! how exciting! now you and my mom can swap ides!!!