Last night I attended the funeral of a 20 month old baby (a sister to one of my students).
Last night I worshipped in a way that I have not for a long time.
Last night I praised God in the midst of great pain.
Last night there was sadness and grief.
Last night there was peace and great rejoicing.
Last night we celebrated the blessing of a sick little girl being able to fly home to Jesus.
Last night my faith again came full circle, as I was reminded of God's grace and purpose for our lives.
And then, last night, after the funeral, that same little girl's grandfather (same side of the family) died after a courageous battle with cancer. He was a faithful man who loved the Lord. And once again, I raised my hands to my God.
Monday, February 01, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Casey~ Wow, I can only imagine what that situation would be like without the hope of heaven so I will keep this family in my prayers and thank God they know their savior! Jenna
Post a Comment