This year my sister and family were at the in-laws, so it was just mom, dad, me and my grandma and cousin who traveled down from Minnesota. Although small in numbers, it was still great to be around family!
Me and MomThe day after Thanksgiving, I passed on the ritual of the crazies (otherwise known as Black Friday shopping) and laid low in the morning. In the afternoon, mom, Grandma and I headed out to some antique stores and general bumming. It was great fun and everyone found a few treasures. One of the greatest moments came when mom took a wrong turn and we ended up driving along Green Lake. The weather was so cold and the wind so wild that these amazing little ice sculptures were being created before our eyes; something like ice polyps.

After shopping, we headed out for a fish fry. Good times in Wisconsin on a Friday night!
On Saturday, I was able to visit old friends and just catch up. It was so nice to see Kaela, Luke, Traeger, Ataly, all of the Patricks, and of course Bahama Dama and Dapa. I am thankful for friendships where we can pick right up from where we left off, no matter the distance or time that has passed. Thanks!
Now.....on to Christmas :)

No comments:
Post a Comment