Monday, May 29, 2006

Camping Fun!





















I had a super Memorial Day weekend! I met my parents at Camp Luwisomo, where they had already set up the motor-camper, and welcomed back the flood of good, wholesome childhood memories. It was fun to see all of the "old regulars" at the campsite, many of my parents' friends who I had not seen in quite a few years. We spent the weekend playing cards, sitting around campfires telling stories from years ago, swimming, cooking over the fire, and laughing. At one point in the weekend, while I was sitting around playing Sheephead, it struck me that I am no longer the child who used to watch all of the adults play cards. I was now one of the adults. There was an odd sort of transition in roles that invisibly took place with this group of people. Beyond strolling down sentimental memory lane, I spent lots of time hanging out with my sister, brother-in-law and adorable nephew. Logan and I took a tractor/wagon ride, went swimming and went canoeing. Here he is roasting his marshmallow at about minute 25. He wasn't so interested in eating his marshmallows as he was interested in sticking the fork into the fire pit.

No comments: