Sunday, October 15, 2006

Sweet

In order to give my sister and bro-in-law a break to get stuff done and only have one child to take care of, I had my nephew, Logan, at my house for the weekend. There are countless cute, kiddo stories I could share that captured the spirit of a 2 year old perfectly, but alas, I will not make you sit through the whole proud aunt routine, except for this one snippet.

After Logan woke from his nap, I got him ready to go back home, at which point, he told me that he did not want to see mom and dad. Nope, he wanted to stay and play with Casey! Anyway, I met Julie, Randy and Cooper halfway between their house and mine for dinner so I could drop Logan off. As Logan was getting in his carseat, I went over to give him a goodbye hug and he started crying and saying that he wanted to come home with me and not go with mommy and daddy. Julie and Randy kept reassuring him that going home would be a good thing, but sweet Logan just kept crying and reaching for me. It broke my heart, but also made me smile inside to know I am so loved! Many blessings I am given!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I cry everytime I have to leave you too...it's just on the inside! You are LOVED sweetie!