I was so relieved for 2:35 to come on Friday afternoon! What a crazy week and alas, I finally had time to relax. I went home at 3:30 and took a nap until 5:00, which is a rarity for me. (I get about 1 nap every 2 months-a shame really). Then, I cleaned my house, balanced my checkbook and did other household duties until 7:00 when Jenna came bearing Chinese food and ice cream. How sweet-literally and figuratively! We just vegged and watched a movie while eating dinner.
Saturday was nice because I was finally able to sleep in. I took Peyton for an hour long walk around town and we had a nice stop at the Creek, which was flowing pretty well due to all of the rain. The waterfall/rapids were beautiful with all of the leaves dropping from the trees. Thankfully, we made it back just as the sputtering of rain turned into a solid rainfall. I ran a few errands in the afternoon and then got ready for FIL's annual auction. I met some friends there and we enjoyed a nice dinner, great Jazz music, and the entertainment of the Live Auction Bids, most of which were between $500 and $1000, well out of my price range.
On Sunday, I was up with the sun (or before it-actually) to supervise the Middle School students singing in church at the 7:30 am service. I worked in my classroom after church until 10:00, when I went to the Abundant Praise Service. After church, I put all of the storm windows on my house (a hard task to do by yourself) and vacuumed out the windowsills/cleaned the windows. I also pulled all of my plants up and threw out my flowers/put all of the pots away for the winter. I worked on some design stuff for Sweet Mondays (Women's Ministry at church), babysat a 4 month old for 3 hours and went to Bible Study. After Bible Study, I met some of the Outpost friends at Maxwell's for a drink, which was relaxing and fun. I was talking with the Spanish teacher at LWLHS and we ended up speaking in Spanish for about an hour. I definitely needed the practice and it was fun to realize how much I remember. Somehow, my 6-8th grade students don't challenge my Spanish much since they know less than I do.
Overall, the weekend was great! A nice mix of getting things done and relaxing a bit too! Now, here I am with only 2.5 days of school this week-yahoo! Teacher's Convention is this Wednesday-Friday and then I am off to MN to see my Grandma for the weekend!
Monday, October 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment