Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Deep Thoughts
Sometimes I just have to shake my head at the questions that my 6th graders come up with. Other times, I am in awe of what goes on in their heads and the questions they need and want answers to. Today was one of those days. I was getting my papers in order after school let out and one student was loitering around, looking as if he had deep thoughts on his mind. Finally, he turned to me and said, "Miss Miller, what happens to all the babies that are aborted?" I asked him what he meant (was he asking about how they are aborted or why). "No, no, no," he said to me. " I mean, do they go with Jesus or to the other place or what?" I paused to ponder his profound thinking and then took time to explain what a merciful, kind, and loving God we have and though we have no absolute answers, we can place our trust in Him. Today is the kind of day that I feel blessed to do what I do, to have the conversations with kids that will have an effect on the very core of their hearts and who they are.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment