Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Road Trip

I took a road trip with my sister and her 3 children (ages 2 months, 17 months, and 3 years) a few weeks back. We travelled to Minnesota to see my grandma, a few other relatives, and one of my sister's friends. Here are a few observations:

1) DVD players inside of vehicles are godsends
2) Driving for 6 hours with 3 children can make the average road trip 33% longer
3) When a child says their back hurts and they are hot, this is code for: I am going to throw up any minute
4) How in the world did the early pioneers to America survive sleeping together in one room with all of their children? (I could barely do it for 3 nights)
5) There are some things, that no matter the annoyances, are still worth it (like spending time with family)

My grandma and her great grandchildren (Cooper, Logan, and Ava)


Cooper in his friend's rain boots


Logan at an indoor playland


Julie and I

No comments: