Saturday, January 09, 2010

Birthday Blessings

I wasn't quite sure how I felt about turning 30. It is a scary number when you are still in your twenties. I have many things in my life to be thankful for (and I am) and there are still many things in life that I want to change or that I am working towards. I think I have finally made peace with 30 and I am optimistic as I am making some of the changes that I desire in my life.

My family and friends rocked my socks off as they blessed me and surprised me time after time throughout the entire day of my birthday. I started my day by waking up at 4:15 am so I could snowblow my corner lot and opened my eyes to see decorations O' 30 all over the house: the bathroom, the kitchen, even my vehicle. Thanks Erin! What a happy way to wake up!



I then went to school where I was greeted by a dozen pink roses from one of my students. Then, card after card came along with lots of hugs. At the end of the day, my students shared their love with balloons, flowers, some healthy snacks, a gift card, and a magazine subscription. Thanks for the super birthday party! Plus, this was also the birthday of one of my students so my birthday buddy and I shared our celebration together!


After school, I came home and while talking to my mom on the phone, I walked into my room and found everything 30 from Jessi and Nick. They left me list of 30 things, 30 balloons, 30 yellow roses, a birthday banner, and a gift worth $30. So fun and I was incredibly overwhelmed!




Then, I was all set to head out for dinner with Courtney (to the Ale House). When we got there, I was headed to the upstairs bar area for a drink when I heard "Happy Birthday Casey" shouted out behind me. Wow! My entire family and lots of friends were waiting for me at a huge table with balloons, banners, smiles, hugs, a cake and a huge Surprise. I truly had no clue and felt so blessed and overwhelmed by their love! Thank you for planning this Julie and thank you to everyone for making me feel so loved!

Sarah came out to celebrate-thanks chica!



Dawn made it as well (despite a busy night for her family)

My parents and Uncle Kevin came too!

My amazing sister (who is preggo by the way) put this all together! You are amazing!


Thanks Courtney for getting me to the restaurant without any suspicion on my end!
More pictures to follow (once I get them from my sister's camera)

No comments: