2. The biggest event of July (and really the summer) was the birth of my sister's fourth baby! We all gratefully welcomed Parker Paul Recob into the world on July 6th at 8:01 a.m. weighing a hefty 8 pounds and 9 ounces. As I write this, he is over 2 months old and growing fast, but he is such a sweetie! I was blessed to have the opportunity to spend a week with the Recobs while Julie recovered a bit. We went on bike rides, had picnics outside, swam in the pool, and had a lot of fun while trying to stay out of the house so Julie and Parker could settle in.

3. After spending time with my nephews and niece, I headed north to Minnesota to spend some time with my Grandma. We ran lots of errands, had lots of laughs, and managed to spend a bit of time getting into trouble, well not really, but we had fun. This picture of me and Grams is one of my all time favorites because Grams hates having her photo taken so catching a good one is tough, but also because I cherish the times we spend laughing together and this photo just captures that joy. What a gift it is to have my Grandma still in my life and to be able to spend time with her!
4. I spent much of the rest of the month babysitting and spending time with friends and family. The babysitting was great this summer-I had the opportunity to watch a different family each of the 3-4 days I worked per week. It was great variety and let my inner child come out as I was able to play at parks, swim, go for walks, visit museums, and just enjoy the pure joy of summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment