I also experienced my favorite weekend of the whole summer in August. If you know me well, you know that being near, in, around, or under water makes me happy, ecstatic, calm, at peace, fulfilled, really-anything good! My dear friend Courtney invited me up to her family's cabin for a weekend. It was GLORIOUS! We swam, went on a delightful boat ride from Shawano Lake to the Wolf River and back, and I even got to use their jet skis! So much fun! I tried both models out and had a blast cruising around the lake at speeds up to 50 mph (very fast for me!). The whole weekend was relaxing and Courtney's family was incredibly gracious and hospitable. I even got a few games of King's Corners in with Courtney's cousin, Trevor (an adorable little 8 year old!).
When I returned from the weekend, I jumped right into my neighborhood's first annual block party. It went over really well! Three other ladies and I planned it and it was truly a success. We had about 65 people attend (more than the 55 who RSVP'd) and everyone chatted, got to know each other, played yard games, and many stayed into the night for the bonfire. I am so grateful for the gift of diverse neighbors who make life so much richer!
The end of August brought with it Cooper's 4th birthday (really on September 1st) and Parker's baptism. My sister was gracious enough to lump them into the same weekend to save driving time. For Cooper's birthday, I took him to Build a Bear to pick out an animal of choice and an outfit. He had so much fun and would have stayed forever at the "grooming station" if I had not finally pulled him away. Since his obsession of late has been TOY STORY, he immediately saw the Buzz Lightyear costume and that was it-he was destined to have a Puppy Buzz Lightyear. Cooper also got to spend the night at my house and we had a great time playing at the park, enjoying marshmallows over my bonfire pit, and hanging out.
Loving the dog
The next day, I took Cooper back home where we celebrated his birthday, which was 100% Toy Story. I have never seen so many Toy Story items in my whole life! Every single gift he received had something to do with Toy Story and Cooper was delighted! He especially loved his Buzz Lightyear wings-I don't think he took them off all day, except when he had to for bed.

No comments:
Post a Comment