September went fast and furious! School started in full swing (actually the very end of August) and then we moved right into Labor Day weekend, which was also my Mom's Birthday. I went camping with the Padres and it was marvelous! Mom and I took lots of walks, we all enjoyed the campfires, and we cruised into Princeton on Saturday morning for the Flea Market. The Recobs came up on Sunday, which was the warmest day of the chilly weekend, and we swam, played on the bouncy pillow, roasted marshmallows, and celebrated Mom's birthday. It was a perfect weekend!
The following Wednesday/Thursday, I was blessed beyond measure when Uncle Shorty and dad came up to serve me by putting in a new patio. They worked so hard cutting the sod, rotatilling, hauling dirt, forming the patio, and most of all pouring the cement. They even took all of the sod and dirt and spread it around my yard where the grass was lacking or more soil was needed. It was amazing and I was so blessed by all of their time, hard work, and love. In the end, the patio looks great and I can't wait to entertain on it. Thanks Dad and Shorty for showing your love through such a back-breaking act of service. I am beyond grateful!

My finished patio!!!
The day after the patio was completed, I headed down to the Recobs to watch the three older kiddos for the weekend while Julie and Randy went to Chicago to celebrate their 10 year anniversary. It was busy and noisy, but great fun as we explored the woods near the Bark River, played at parks, had bubbly baths, read books, sneaked a treat at Frost Freeze, and enjoyed popcorn and a movie. I am so grateful to have my sister, her husband, and those 4 precious kiddos in my life!
The next big event in September actually happened in my classroom with the much anticipated birth of the guinea pigs. Our piggy, Cerdita, gave birth to 4 adorable little piggies. They came out with eyes open, a full body of fluffy hair, and ready to run. My class has since named the cavies: Pepper, Ginger, Skunky, and Wilbur (the runt, named after the run pig from Charlotte's Web). They are greatly adored and loved by my 2nd graders, probably over-held also. We will keep them through the end of October and then they will be adopted out.

Minutes old.....
I ended September with a quick visit to Fon du Lac on Tuesday to celebrate my dad's birthday at Applebees. It was great to see him and mom for a quick birthday dinner and again, I am grateful for another year with my dad in my life!
No comments:
Post a Comment