Monday, January 29, 2007

Learning Lessons

This post starts pretty dismal, but ends on a high note. (Just an FYI for the quickly discouraged readers)

So, I pretty much had one of the worst days ever last week. It started with a nasty e-mail from an enraged parent who took her anger out on me, rather than her son. Then, I came home to find that my dog ate an entire bag of hot chocolate powder ON THE CARPET! So, I spent an hour cleaning that up. I went to babysit, only to find that the 7 month old baby was having a whiny night. Finally, when I came home at 9:30 pm, I had two messages from parents informing me that there was an innappropriate blog put on my school blogsite. Inappropriate didn't even start to explain it. I will refrain from printing the foul-language, but let's just say it had something to do with a sexual act being done to me. Awful! Awful!

This post does have a happy ending though. In Religion class that same day, we talked about Job and how he praised God in the midst of good times and bad. "The Lord Gives and the Lord takes away, but blessed be the name of the Lord." I never realized until the next day that God was clearly teaching me a lesson through the very lesson I presented to my class. My words to them were so true for the situations in my life last Wednesday! Praise God for the ways He teaches us His ways!

The weekend went much better. I drove to my sisters to help her and her family pack for their move to the new house. Other than that, I have been busy with planning for the National Youth Gathering and the Mission trip to Mexico this summer, as well as my 2nd annual Poetry Cafe at school next week and Dan R and my 3rd annual Chinese lunch at school (it coordinates with our China/India unit in Social Studies). I've been pretty busy, but good!

No comments: