Well, to say a lot has been going on would be an understatement lately. Between the last minute wedding of a friend, getting ready for school, home improvements, babysitting, broken washers, and meetings, I haven't had time to do much of anything at my house.
The house has been in mass chaos because new siding is being applied. However, due to the incredible amounts of rain that we have had, the sider has not been able to work steadily on it. So, it has been progressing over the past 2 weeks, slowly, but surely. I am ready to have the mess out of my garage so I can park there again and hopefully, get my car up for sale since I bought a (new to me) SUV from the Siverhus family.
Also, my washing machine decided to die 2 weeks ago, which was a major pain since I have not been home a lot to deal with it. I had a guy come and look at it and he charged me $68 to tell me that it will cost $280 to fix the first problem and from there, he isn't sure what needs to be done. I did some research and found that the model (which I purchased used at 2 years old from a family I babysit for) was the worst machine ever made and has a lawsuit against it. So, do not ever buy a Kenmore Calypso. One, they cost over $900 new and two, they won't make them anymore because they are awful. Armed with this knowledge and the frustration of only owning it for 18 months, I went and bought a brand new machine. With my sister and mom's advice in hand, I spent a bit more and bought a front loader, which I do have to say spins the clothes amazingly dry. I would highly recommend it! I am hoping it will last longer than 18 months! This is now my 3rd washing machine in 5 years and I am hoping to keep it as 3 washers in 15 years.

New washing machine-whirlpool duet
New to me SUV-(sorry it is hard to see-just imagine a black Ford Explorer)
No comments:
Post a Comment