I have been on the go lately, with little time to sit down and do much of anything. Here has been my last few weeks:
June 27: Went to Florida with my church for the National Youth Gathering in Orlando. I ran into quite a few people from CUW (Janetzkes, Lisa Griffin, Melissa Whitcup, James Rush, Darcy (Barnhart) Paape, Beth Kiessling, Jen (Foster) Wolf, Todd and Kelly ??? etc...) Plus I saw Dan and Danelle quite a bit. The Gathering was great this year. I loved the theme (Chosen-from 1 Peter) and the mini-sessions were inspiring/spirit building as well. While there, we went to Cocoa Beach for 3 hours and I managed to get sunburned, which wasn't too bad. However, the fever blisters that followed were. I had about 7 different blisters that fused together into 1 giant blister and caused much pain, and still is causing pain. My lip was swollen to about 3 times its natural size and thankfully, a doctor I babysit for wrote me a prescription for Valtrex (yes it's the medicine from the commercial "I have genital herpes. And I don't. And we want to keep it that way!") I almost laugh thinking about it. So my fever blisters are a strand of herpes, but thankfully I did not get them in any way, shape or form that genital herpes is spread) It is still pretty embarrassing going to the pharmacy. I was sure to be very clear that the medicine was for my lip and not other body parts.
Aug. 1: Got home at 12:15 pm (technically August 2) after a delayed flight in Orlando due to storms and running through Atlanta's airport to make a connection.
Aug. 2: Babysat for the doctor who gave me the meds from 9am-3pm and then for another family from 4:30-10:30 pm. At 11:30 pm, my aunt and cousin arrived from MN to stay the weekend and get wedding planning done.
Aug. 3: I ran errands, went through mail, and spent time with Pam and Lissa.
Aug. 4: Great America with Pete. Good fun overall.
Aug. 5: Babysat from 9:30 am-9:00 pm and finally went to church at my own church-yahoo! Pam and Lissa left after church.
Aug. 6: Went to school (tears) to start getting things in order. Saw Bourne Ultimatum and had dinner with a friend (good movie)
Aug. 7: Realized my washing machine is broken (probably the water pump). Bought a Ford Explorer from a family I babysitt for. Babysat from 11am-5pm. Had a great dinner with Tom and Jenna (Thanks for the pork tenderloin and for fixing my fuse and digging the pennies out of the seatbelt, Tom)
In the next week, I am trying to fit in as much fun stuff/time with friends as possible. I have to start back on the 15th and that is way too soon!
Tuesday, August 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment