Here are a few shots from our camping trip over Labor Day.
I met up with my sister and brought Logan up to the campgrounds (where my parents were). We did some canoeing, huntin' for bugs, wagon rides, fire tending, marshmallow roasting, and of course, swimming and beach playing. When Logan was asleep, we also played hours of Sheephead, in which I lost more rounds than I'd like to admit. I guess when you are playing with people who have 40 years of experience on you, your odds aren't great. In all actuality, a lot depends on the hand you are dealt and I have to say my hands weren't great since I rarely saw the big queen.
On Sunday, Julie, Randy, and Cooper joined us for the day and we took some time to celebrate my mom's birthday.
I met up with my sister and brought Logan up to the campgrounds (where my parents were). We did some canoeing, huntin' for bugs, wagon rides, fire tending, marshmallow roasting, and of course, swimming and beach playing. When Logan was asleep, we also played hours of Sheephead, in which I lost more rounds than I'd like to admit. I guess when you are playing with people who have 40 years of experience on you, your odds aren't great. In all actuality, a lot depends on the hand you are dealt and I have to say my hands weren't great since I rarely saw the big queen.
On Sunday, Julie, Randy, and Cooper joined us for the day and we took some time to celebrate my mom's birthday.
What a goofball!
A little digging to get the sand just right
We also got to play a lot of "cars" which I just LOVE to do (ha)
And the best photo of all: Queen Christine! I love this shot. This is a woman who went to high school with my dad (45 years ago) and is one of our great family friends. I have been camping with her and her family since I was born and she is awesome. I caught her mid-morning around the campfire cracking up. I think this would make the perfect shot for one of those "old people" Hallmark cards.
No comments:
Post a Comment