Sunday, September 23, 2007

World Record

I may have set a world record for selling my car faster than anyone on the planet (correct me, if I am wrong, faithful readers-all 2 of you). Anyway, I finally put my car up for sale (in my driveway with a sign) and I had a call within 2.5 hours. The guy came to see it the next day and I sold it to him on the spot for $100 less than my asking price. So, goodbye faithful, inexpensive, excellent gas mileage Saturn.
Of course there was more to the story than that, though. About 3 hours before he was coming to test drive it, I was finishing up the cleaning (vacuuming, etc...). I wanted to back the car into the garage so that I could reach it with the vacuum. My car would not start at all. Two days prior, my fabulous watch-out-for-me-friend, Tom, came over to charge my battery because I had not drove the car in over a month and it wouldn't start. Apparently it is not a good idea to let a car sit for a month (the things I learn). Well, it turns out the battery was dead and not just un-used. So, I trooped down to my favorite mechanic, just 4 blocks away and he put a new one in, while informing me that the battery was the car's orginal and had faithfully served its purpose, since the Saturn is over 8 years old. Yea for that! Unfortunately, the mechanic knew me a bit too well because the day before I was there getting a nail pulled from the tire of my SUV and getting a plug put in its place. While I can't say I love paying the mechanic, I do have to say I am blessed to have a mechanic that will fix my car on the spot, with no wait time. Had I not been able to get a new battery, I am not sure my car would have sold, since the purchaser really wanted to test drive it and it doesn't look so good when you are selling a car that doesn't start :0)

No comments: