Here's a story to top the charts:
I had my 8th grade Spanish class in our special technology room today to see a clip on the SMART board. The windows to this room face the side of the street where all of the high school smokers and/or druggies hang out during their open campus lunch. Two of the high school girls were hugging and kissing each other and my lovely 8th graders, who lack even a grain of self-control, started saying, "Ew, gross, nasty...." out the window. One of the high school students looks up at them, turns around and moons them.
I caught a glimpse of what was happening and sat my class down and promptly started the video. I left them to go and find this girl to talk to, since the classroom next to the room we were in is full of 6 year olds in first grade and they do not need to be seeing this girl's butt, nor do my 8th graders.
She and a friend had already walked back across the street to the High School and I summoned them over, which they surprisingly came. I asked her if she indeed mooned us, which she denied 2 times, until I told her that I saw it. She then confessed and said she was sorry and that it would never happen again. I reminded her that there were little children who could potentially see out the window, blah, blah, blah.... Since she was remorseful, I assumed the situation was done.
However, sitting about 20 yards from where I talked to this girl was a police officer in an unmarked car and as I walked back into the school, he asked me to come over to his car. After telling him what had happened, he asked if I wanted to press charges and I said, "No." He insisted that I do and told me that this girl, whom he recognized and knew had quite a few offenses against her, really need to be charged. I told him to do whatever he needed to do, but I had to get back to my class. He took my name and I left it as is.
About an hour later, my secretary came up to me, telling me that the officer charged the girl with disorderly conduct and ARRESTED her. I guess she was a bit defiant towards the officer as well. Yikes! I didn't know you could be arrested for mooning someone.
Never a dull day at FIL. If I am not grading papers, doling out band-aids, fixing jammed lockers, or helping clean up vomit, I'm just getting high school kids arrested.
Monday, October 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Great story Casey :O) And you thought working at a Christian school would elimate you from these kind of situations! Happy days to you!
Hi Casey, I just started checking your blog--Julie sent me the link. It is so fun! This post made me laugh. Check out my blog sometime if you can... vincentjosephwilliamfrancis.blogspot.com
Casey the enforcer!
Quite the story, way to protect your kids at school!
Jenna
Post a Comment