Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

My Memorial Day weekend was certainly memory-ial! I had a great time visiting with the Hatfields from Friday night until Sunday and then spending time with my family and family friends camping on Sunday and Monday. I am really looking forward to the summer, when I will have a lot more time for resting and visiting.


I got to see baby Ataly for the first time and she is absolutely adorable. Her black hair just floors me and she is at that perfect stage where she is completely content to just lay in your lap and take in the world. So sweet!




It had been quite a long while since I had spent a chunk of time with Traeger and we had a great time too. From building with his new blocks, to blowing bubbles, to reading books, and just cuddling together, he proved he was a sweet, sweet boy. He has great manners too and does so well with discipline. Proof of solid, consistent parenting.




Of course, my time with Luke and Kaela was awesome too. Playing Nertz (which Kaela and I did win on Friday night, but lost our tails to Luke on Saturday) was great. I thoroughly enjoyed the time to just catch up and talk, whether on our walk or just amidst playing with the kids. It's great to have those connections that span the years and can pick up where they last left off. I'm always amazed at what a friendship rooted in Christ can produce. Thanks for the great time!

No comments: