Sunday, July 20, 2008

Fourth of July

I went to the motherland (Omro) for the Fourth of July and enjoyed time with family. I was even able to see friends too (Luke and Kaela). While Omro had no fireworks due to the flooding, we were able to take in the Fisk fireworks on the eve of the 4th of July. I don't think I've ever seen so many men in muscle shirts or sleeveless shirts as I did in Fisk. Ahh, back to the homeland. In other respects, I was grateful to be in an area where materialism is not stressed as much and people and natural beauty (the outdoors) are respected and valued.
Since I had just returned from Mexico 5 days before the 4th of July, I had a unique perspective as I celebrated our country's freedom. I am extremely grateful to live in the United States of America. Our freedoms are unique and we have definitely been blessed. What a sacrifice so many people have made over the last 232 years to safeguard our rights. God Bless America!
After the 4th, our family spent some time together playing cards, visiting, and checking out at the baby goats at my parents' friends house. Good times.

Kaela, Luke, and me-meeting up at the Fisk fireworks

Logan with a great seat for the show

Fireworks! My favorite part of the 4th of July!

The boys and me after the parade as we got ready for the cookout

My patriotic brownies-flashy, huh?

Logan with one of the baby goats-he wasn't quite sure what to think when they started climbing up his leg.

No comments: