Anyway, the last few weeks though busy, have been great. I went to my annual teacher's convention in Wisconsin Dells and heard some great speakers, my Concordia University president being one of them. It was also nice to have fellowship time with my co-workers and to have a few days off of school.
After the conference, I traveled up to Medford to visit with Luke, Kaela ,and the kids. I can always could on great games, late nights, deep conversation, and a lot of fun with the Hatfields. I was not disappointed in any area. I am grateful for amazing friends who make my life richer. Thanks for taking time to laugh, listen, advise, and just be.
Last weekend I did pause long enough to go see The Rockettes with my roommate, her fiance, and another couple. They were phenomenal. In addition to being amazing athletes (have you ever seen how high and how long they can kick), they put me in the Christmas spirit. I was quite surprised to see a live nativity at the end of the program and to hear a reading of the Christmas story at a secular event. It appears that some people have not forgot the true meaning of Christmas after all.
This weekend promises to bring me some rest as I am meeting some friends for dinner and catching a movie or two. I will be spending Saturday afternoon working on a project that is due in two weeks for my night class, but thankfully I have a partner so the workload can be shared. I should also start thinking more seriously about Thanksgiving dinner since I am the lucky host this year! I truly am excited to be able to have everyone to my house to spend the holiday, or realistically the day after, together.Finally, I have had a song that has been replaying through my head over and over every day this past week. If you know me well, you know that I constantly have songs going through my head, that sometimes I even think in songs, but this one in particular has been gnawing at me as I think of how well I am or am not living out the lyrics. The words are below:
If We Are the Body
by Casting Crowns
It's crowded in worship today
As she slips in
Trying to fade into the faces
The girls' teasing laughter is carrying farther than they know
Farther than they know
But if we are the Body
Why aren't His arms reaching
Why aren't His hands healing
Why aren't His words teaching
And if we are the Body Why aren't His feet going
Why is His love not showing them there is a way
There is a way
A traveler is far away from home
He sheds his coat
And quietly sinks into the back row
The weight of their judgmental glances tells him that his chances
Are better out on the road
But if we are the Body
Why aren't His arms reaching
Why aren't His hands healing
Why aren't His words teaching
And if we are the Body
Why aren't His feet going
Why is His love not showing them there is a way
Jesus paid much too high a price
For us to pick and choose who should come
And we are the Body of Christ
If we are the body
Why aren't His arms reaching
Why aren't His hands healing
Why aren't His words teaching
And if we are the body
Why aren't His feet going
Why is His love not showing them there is a way
Jesus is the way
No comments:
Post a Comment