Well, the inevitable happened today. Just as I was transitioning into colder weather, our first snow of the season came. It was not just a fluffy first layer, rather it was the "perfect for building snowmen, wet and sticky, stay on the trees (beautiful), and messy" type of snow. I was actually pretty excited to clean it up since it meant I got to try out my brand new (well, new to me and also refurbished, ultra-big and tough, hard to operate) snowblower. After last year's snowfall of over 100 inches in my area, my father insisted that I purchase a snowblower and he hooked me up with the deal and even delivered it. Thanks dad for taking such good care of me! The first use of the snowblower went pretty well. I got it started (I must admit after multiple solid pulls) and learned a lot about patterns that should and should not be used. For example, it's a bad idea to start on one side of your driveway because you will end up going back over a portion of your work since the blower can't blow all the way to the grass from the middle of the driveway. Next time I'll start in the middle and work my way out.

Me with "The Beast" after snowfall one-hopefully the novelty doesn't wear off!

Pretty trees

No comments:
Post a Comment