Sunday, December 14, 2008

Weekend in Pictures

This weekend was fabulous because I got a lot done, but more importantly because I was able to spend time with friends and family!

We had our staff Christmas party on Friday night, which was very nice and a good chance to talk to co-workers about something besides school and church.

I went to watch my godson (Zeke) on Saturday morning and got to hang out with Jessi for a bit when she returned. I made yummy chicken noodle soup in the afternoon and mixed up a triple batch of sugar cookie dough and frosting. Later Saturday night, Jenna and Tom stopped by on a whim and since I was actually home, we hung out and chatted for a bit.

Sunday, I went to visit my sister and family and was able to attend Logan's Sunday School Christmas program (precious). My favorite part is that afterwards Logan ran up to me and told me that he was singing about Jesus' birthday. I'm glad he really gets what Christmas is all about. Then Julie and I spent all afternoon baking cookies for Christmas. It is so much more fun to do that with someone else and we had a good time, as did our little helper elf (Logan) who often made more work than he contributed, but had fun nonetheless.



Tom and Jenna in front of my tree (Jenna with her baby bump!-yea so cute!)



Jenna and I demonstrating that we only paid $8 for these jackets (4 from each hand)
Tom so graciously hung my wreath (as if my hands on his ankles really stabilized him)

Isn't my sister, I mean Mrs. Clause, adorable?!

Just a snippet of what we made

Her oven can bake so many trays at once that we couldn't even keep up
MMMM! We love homemade frosting!
The cutie-patootie who will be one in 6 days!!! (and is taking 3-4 steps on her own)
Cooper and Randy relaxing!
This was just too funny! After his lengthy nap, Cooper decided he wanted to dance to the Christmas music (with his blanket). I love how he very clearly tells me when he is done dancing, as if I cannot tell by seeing that he is no longer jumping around in circles!

No comments: