Wednesday, December 03, 2008
All Shook Up
Today was a day that shook me to the core, literally. I came home from school and started snow blowing my driveway and the sidewalks. (Note that this was only my second time ever using my snow blower.) Anyway, I finished my stuff and had about 15 minutes extra before I had to leave for babysitting so I decided to go over to my next door neighbor's house to help them with their driveway or at least to get the end done so that they were not stuck at home. (They are a couple in their eighties.) I was very conscientious of the drivers going by when I got to the end of the driveway and would often stop and wait for them to pass before I turned around. My neighbor's driveway is directly across the street from the high school parking lot. Well, on one lap I saw a car stopped at the stop sign at the end of the parking lot and since I was headed up the driveway (or away from the car) I started. The next thing I knew, the car hit me and I was flying in the air. The whole thing was surreal and almost seemed like it happened in slow motion because I can remember it so vividly. Thankfully I let go of the snow blower and the car continued to slide sideways up my neighbors driveway, pushing the snow blower as it went. I'm not sure if I felt it, heard it, or saw it first, but the look on the high school kids' face was enough to believe that I had died. Thankfully I am okay and just have a sore right leg/thigh, which will have some major bruising. Miraculously he didn't even bust up the snow blower, but his car was dented where he hit me. I talked to him for quite a while about slowing down and safe driving, but didn't think I needed to call the police or anything like that. The kid felt pretty bad and I know he didn't mean to hit me. All I know is that I will never do the end of my neighbor's driveway when traffic is present again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Casey~
I'm glad to hear you're okay, but how crazy! I don't know if you should have let him off...hopefully he'll be more careful. Love you,
Jenna
oh my goodness, Casey! i'm so glad to hear that you're ok...and I pray that your grace with the high schooler really becomes a witness in his life...take care and rest up! (and kudos to you for being so nice to your elderly neighbors!) :)
Oh my! I hope you really are okay. You were very kind (and probably a bit silly) to not call the police. I hope you are feeling okay.
Post a Comment