Sunday, May 16, 2010

House Project 32 of 5, 196

After Erin moved out, I decided to make her bedroom into the official guest bedroom. The first order of business was removing the disgusting carpet (which was disgusting before she moved in) to reveal the beautiful hardwood floors below. I was a bit nervous about damaging the floors, but thanks to the help and teaching that Steve (and Lisa) gave to me last June when we removed the carpet from my bedroom, I had it under control. In 3 hours time, I had the carpet and pad out, cut up, and in the dumpster, plus all of the tack strip up, and nails and staples removed. I must say I was a bit sore the next day and completely despise tack strip, but I am delighted with the results.


Before: hard to see, but lots of stains


Look at the beauty waiting under the carpet-this is with sweeping only!


Finished! This is the room with all of the furniture set up (no decorations yet)

No comments: