Sunday, May 16, 2010

Mother's Day Take 2

Happy Mother's Day Mom, two times! I was able to swing home on Mother's Day for a quiet afternoon of visiting of mom and dad. It was nice to just slow down and catch up. However, that day did not work for my sister and her family so we all decided to come back the following weekend to celebrate Mother's Day together.

The weather was nice enough to be outside and since the lilacs were in high bloom, we soaked up every minute we could. I wish lilacs would bloom year round-they're my favorite and could easily grace my presence daily without me tiring of them.


The kids kept us all moving and we also enjoyed an evening walk on Saturday and I remembered how much I loved walking out in the country from our home and listening to the crickets and birds and smelling hay growing in the farm fields nearby. In the evening we managed to get some Sheephead (card game) in after the kids went to bed.

On Sunday, my Uncle Kevin joined us and we dined on a pretty tasty wild turkey that he got from a friend and corn on the cob. It is starting to feel more and more like summer!



Getting some love from Logan because like he said in his card to me "Happy Mother's Day!"
Julie's response: "You know Logan, Casey isn't a mother yet. Maybe you should say something else."
Logan: "Yeah, but she will be someday, so I can still say it!"
Precious child :)


Cooper and me

Ava had some pretty funny moments this weekend and is getting very good at speaking her mind aloud to us. For example, after throwing a fit at the dinner table and screaming at the top of her lungs, she announced "I'm mad, I'm mad!" Well, thank you for clearing that up Ava, just in case we couldn't tell by your high pitched scream and body language. Ahh, to be 2!


The terrific trio, soon to be 4!

No comments: