Where has August gone? It seems that it just began and here I am on Sunday night, pondering the last few weeks and realizing that I have to report back to school in 2 days!!! School starting is always bittersweet for me. I truly do love the excitement in the air, new school supplies, nervous 6th graders, friends happy to see each other after months apart, a fresh start where you can do things better this time around, and so on.... Yet, it is a bit painful to bid farewell to summer and the lazy days, the late nights, the park hopping, the swimming, the grilling out, the ice cream cones, and time spent with friends.
Anyway, as I look forward to my 5th year of teaching(yes, can you believe 5th year already???) , I want to make a few changes in my routine so that I feel less married to my job and more like I have a social life during the school year. I know I will be more passionate about each thing I do if I have a bit more balance in each area. So, here are the goals:
1) Sleep in a bit later in the morning-5:45 and still be to school by 6:45(this means packing my lunch and getting stuff ready the night before)
2) Read before bed at least 3 nights per week
3) Be in bed (reading) by 10:00 and sleeping by 10:30 or 11:00
4) Leave school each day by no later than 4:00
5) Work out between 4:00-5:00 at Curves 3X per week
6) Walk Peyton at least 3X per week
7) Commit to no more than 2 booked "working nights" (tutoring/babysitting) per week
8) Have dinner or at least hang out with friends at least once per week (weekdays)
9) At minimum, read a devotion each day. Dig into the word before school each morning.
10) Actually sit down and eat my breakfast every day-no more standing.
Hopefully I will keep these goals! Doesn't some organizational guru say that people who write their goals down are some extreme percentage more likely to achieve them??? We'll see, but at least it is a start!
Sunday, August 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment