Happy Easter to everyone! What an amazing gift of new life we were each given because our Savior went to the depths of hell and then rose again victoriously on our behalf. The whole idea of new life is almost overwhelming. I've been watching Planet Earth on the Discovery Channel the last few weeks (an amazing 11-part series-do not miss it) and have been reminded once again of the circle of life and how in nature, one animal must die so that another may live. How true it is for us as well. One innocent man had to die so that we could live. Not only did he just die though-he rose again so that we too, can rise again. We have a lot to be thankful for and many people to share this life-giving message with.
My Easter has been a nice break from school, but also a reminder of how precious life is. Dad had a heart catherization on Thursday and a lot of blockage was found in his arteries, which is not good at all. The doctors from St. Luke's (Milwaukee) will be reviewing his case on Tuesday to determine if there is anything else they can do for him. A bi-pass may not be an option due to the fact he has already had 3 of them and the stints will not work because his blockage is too extreme and his veins too small. The doctors are talking about a possible defibrillator being installed in his heart, but nothing is for sure right now.
Needless to say, my trip to San Diego with my mom is off. I will be staying around the area, enjoying our 25 degree weather instead. I am glad that I have the week off, in case the procedure for my dad happens (which it probably will in the next few days or weeks).
The whole family was at my parents on Friday and Saturday. We did a lot of the usual: playing cards, entertaining the boys, talking, eating, relaxing, etc... Saturday morning was the annual Easter egg hunt at OHS and we took Logan there for a candy-filled morning. After that, my mom, sister, and I went to a bridal shower for our longtime neighbor and friend, Rachael, who is getting married in Mexico at the end of April. I actually ran into a few old faces from high school (Erica V, Beth W, Stacy H, Jenny G, etc...). It was nice to see everyone. We celebrated my sister's birthday and celebrated Easter a bit early before Julie, Randy, and the boys headed out around 7 pm. Mom, Dad, and I watched Babel last night, which was a thought-provoking, but also slow movie. This morning, we (mom, dad, and I) went to the 6:30 sunrise service at church and ate breakfast there as well. We caught up with a lot of old friends from church and I was amazed to see how old some of the kids are now (kids I taught Sunday School to, while in high school, are now seniors in high school-yeah, I don't feel old). The rest of the day should be pretty laid back. I think I may head to Julie and Randy's tonight and stay a few nights, since I have no other plans over break. I am planning to be on-call for whatever needs to happen with dad.
Happy Easter to everyone!
Julie and Logan at the egg hunt
Logan and I dressed up for the Hawaiian themed shower


No comments:
Post a Comment