Thursday, April 19, 2007

Kits

Yesterday I was dropping off one of the four children I was watching at soccer practice. On the way there, I saw a woman standing with a video camera near a patch of woods by an apartment complex. I looked closely and saw a baby fox, otherwise known as a kit. I whipped the SUV around and stopped to let the kids see.

What an amazing sight! Not just one, but five kits were chasing around on a grouping of boulders and pouncing around the woods. We were about 10 yards from the foxes and they just kept peeking at us and jumping around. They were adorable little guys, though I am sure their mama would not have been pleased we were there, had she seen us.

I went back to get my camera to try to get some pictures (an elapsed time of 10 minutes) and they were nowhere to be seen when we returned. I was simply grateful for the chance to see the kits out in the wild.

No comments: