Camping was a lot of fun this weekend. I definitely needed time to just get away from everything and relax. I was able to take in 2 books (The City of Ember and The People of Sparks), which are both junior high books that I would like for my students to read. They are awesome books, even for adults. In fact, my mother is reading them now. There are some great themes of survival, hope, courage, and doing the right thing. They are set in the future, and for a girl who hates futuristic books, I loved these. But, I digress.
The whole family was up at LuWiSoMo (mom, dad, Julie, Randy, Cooper, Logan, baby to be, and me) and we had a great time. Logan took in a horseback ride. We hiked around, had lots of campfires with marshmallow roasting, played some ladder ball, played a lot of Sheephead, and were entertained by the boys thoroughly. My parents had a new (new to them-it is a 1985)motor home that was really spacious and nice. I bunked with them and the Recob family tented it.
And, what would a camping trip at LuWiSoMo be without running into some CUW alumni. I saw Bubba (who works at camp), met the sister-in-law of Kandyce Miller (she takes care of the horses), and saw Amy Benedict who student taught under me for a week in 2003 or 2004. Craziness.
Dad playing ladder ball
Julie and Logan around the campfire
Logan on the horseride (note the lovely background Port-o-potty
Randy and Cooper checking out the horses
"They spent all weekend taking sticks and pine needles out of my mouth. I just wanted to crawl and check out nature. Can't a kid get a break?"

One happy baby

1 comment:
Casey! We were at LuWiSoMo this past weekend too! How could we have missed you!!!!!
Sarah
Post a Comment