Tuesday, May 15, 2007

A Rare Find



I have been aware of the rabbits who have built their home in my backyard for about 2 months (ever since Peyton has been out of the picture and the backyard is once again a haven). I have avoided mowing directly over their large hole (where the mother enters) and the small hole where I can often see wiggling under the fur cover that tops the hole. Yesterday, I was out picking lilacs for my classroom when I heard a little squeal and saw the tiniest little bunny take 3 awkward bounds away from his hole. I must have stepped too close to its hole or even worse, on top of it. Anyway, I snapped a few pictures of the cute little guy and hoped that his mom would find him and return him to his hole. I knew that if I touched him, mother rabbit would abandon or worse, kill him. When I returned from the sweltering 90 degree day, he was nowhere to be seen, but there was some wiggling under the fur cover.

2 comments:

Mikaela said...

That is so precious! I love God's amazing creations we get to experience everywhere!

Jen Reed said...

Oooh! So cute! And lilacs for your classroom? I'm jealous! They're so beautiful. How many more days of school?