Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas 2007

Christmas truly is a magical time of the year! While celebrating our Savior's birth, we also have the opportunity to spend time with family. This year I got a heavy dose of family as Ava was born and I came early and am staying after to help my sister with the boys and Ava. The house seems to be a constant flurry of noise and activity, but it sure is fun to see Christmas through the eyes of children. Logan was very excited for the Santa side of Christmas as well, but it was really sweet to hear what he had to say about baby Jesus being born too. Julie unwrapped a Demaco angel figurine of a woman holding a baby that Randy gave to her for Christmas in lieu of Ava's birth. Julie asked Logan who he thought the momma and baby represented, fully expecting him to say her and Ava, and his response was, "I think it is baby Jesus and his mommy because today is baby Jesus' birthday." Yep, he definitely understood the true meaning of Christmas!

Our family went to church on Christmas Eve, with 2 restless children and one sleeping baby and spent the rest of the evening and next day just hanging out together.

I am currently helping out with the kids, trying to give Julie a break until Friday when I will head home to get a few things done at my own house and hang out with Pete, who is coming into town today to stay at my house.

Here are some pictures from our Christmas:


Logan with the snow fort that he and Randy built


Logan and Cooper reading an all-time favorite: "Santa Mouse"


Logan, Me, Randy, Julie, Ava, Dad, Mom, Cooper on Christmas Eve


Logan in his new spider man costume and me

Cooper, who couldn't care less about presents, unloading and re-loading his stocking

1 comment:

Meg said...

Congrats Casey on being an auntie again! Ava looks just perfect. I can't wait to meet her. See you in February. :)