Monday, August 11, 2008
Saving Money Isn't Always Worth the Risks
I was trying to be frugal as I scoured Craig'sList for a chest freezer for my house. Thinking I found a good deal and after seeing the shadowy picture, I asked Tom and Jenna to accompany me to a sketchy neighborhood in Milwaukee to check it out and possibly purchase it. While describing the area to a friend, she laughed at me and said, "That's not the ghetto, it's the edge of Glendale." So, I trusted her and off we went. Thank God for Tom being there with me because we got to the neighborhood (definitely not a place I'd like to be late at night by myself) and went into the house, after nearly being attacked by their dog. The house was a bit gross and dilapidated, but the "4 year old" freezer was much worse. Not only was there mold on the seal, but also rust stains, and parts where the seal had come undone. Tom and I stole a 30 second glance and high-tailed it out of there. We proceeded to Costco where I bought a brand new unit, free of mold, rust and any wear and tear. Lesson learned, but at least we had a good adventure, right Tom and Jenna?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment