Since I bought my house and moved in, I have wanted a dishwasher. I love to cook, but never have time to clean up by doing dishes by hand. So, getting a dishwasher was top priority! Thankfully I know two really talented guys who did all of the dirty work and made it happen.
I ordered a dishwasher from Home Depot in early June and had a delayed delivery until the end of August, when I knew Dennis, my super-talented cabinetry guy, would have time to work on it. Unfortunately it came scratched and I had to send it back. As luck would go, Maytag discontinued that unit and had no more in stock (probably because mine was delivered 2.5 months later). So, I went back to Home Depot and picked out a new one, which of course cost more and delayed the project another 2 weeks.
In the meantime, Tom came over and ran the electrical and plumbing and hooked up a garbage disposal. (If you ever need any electrical or handy-man jobs done, may I suggest Tom! He is phenomenal, does a great job-very particular-and is plain amazing, a true godsend!)
Then, Dennis came back and cut out the counter and drawers and framed in a new surround for the dishwasher. He matched the existing cabinetry beautifully and did stand-out work!


Finally today, Tom and Dennis came back to finish up final details and Tom hooked up the unit. I ran my first load today and got busy cleaning up oodles and oodles of sawdust and mess-all worth it in the end! I am forever indebted to you both!

Thanks Tom!
Ahh! Pure beauty!The counter top will be finished shortly, whenever my uncle can come to tile the part that does not have laminate. But until then, I can still use the dishwasher! Yahoo!
House Project #2 also came together today as Steve had time to drop by and lend a hand (or do most of the grunt labor)
I have an enormous, nasty, ugly, overgrown beast of a bush that wraps around the side and front of my house. I am sure it is original-51 years old and it needed to come out! So, wonderful, helpful, kind Steve came by with his trailer and took it out, with just a tiny bit of help from me. We cut down all of the branches from this 3 root monster and loaded them 10 feet high into his trailer. Steve even brought his chains and ropes and tried to pull the roots out, but no such luck. The roots are going to have to be hacked away first so hopefully we can do that soon.
Just the roots/stumps are left!
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! To my many friends-I am so grateful for all of your help and kindness shown to me! Thank you for being a blessing in my life!




No comments:
Post a Comment