I always love a productive day and today was the epitome of productive.
I awoke at 8:00 a.m. to my father's phone call telling me that St. Luke's Hospital requested that he be part of a special study on hearts using stem cells in order to grow new veins and bypasses. Since surgery and any other procedures were out of the question for him, this sounds promising. I am a bit concerned about the stem cells, whether they are coming from cord blood (okay) or embryos (not okay). We will have to see.
Since I was already awake, I got moving and had a rather satisfying day. I made homemade pancakes (not from the box) and caught up on Grey's Anatomy. After, I mowed the lawn, did a bit of raking, hooked up the outdoor hose, hosed down my garbage cans and scrubbed them, washed all of my windows, and tidied up the house.
After a quick shower, I went to Home Depot and had cellular shades cut for all of the windows in my house. I picked up a few other things at the Depot (mainly a shelving unit for my closet and a large hammer since mine went missing). Then, I ran next door to Target and stocked up on all of those lovely necessities that I hate spending money on (garbage bags, t.p., deodorant, etc..) I also found a new curtain for my remodeled bathroom. My final stop was the grocery store, where 95% of the city came on a sunny Saturday.
I came home, put everything away, grilled some burgers, installed a new curtain rod in the living room, assembled my shelving unit, and came to school, where I am now. I am putting the finishing touches on the High School Girls' Bible Study that I start leading tomorrow. We had 16 girls sign up (amazing, since the regular study which is boys and girls only has about 5-8 people each week). Please pray that God speaks through His word and through me straight to the heart of these girls.
Anyway, it was a good day and we finally had weather in the 70s! Praise God for productivity and time to relax as well!
Saturday, April 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
you go girl!!!!
You are still so happy and positive, just like I remember you! How are you girl?
Hey Becky,
I am doing well, how about yourself? Are you still teaching in North Carolina (or whatever state you started in?)? You'll have to link your next comment to a blog or send your e-mail so I can contact you. Have a great day!
Post a Comment